Elco EP Motor Benefits
Boating Comfort and Safety
- NO added heat – Elco motors put no additional heat into your vessel
- NO vibration – Elco motors are smooth all the way to full RPMs
- NO noise – Elco motors operate silently – enjoy your surroundings and your company
- NO motor oil, diesel or gasoline fuels – enjoy a clean and odorless cabin with an Elco motor
- NO potential for fuel explosions
- NO exhaust fumes or carbon monoxide poising
- Elco motor and batteries are recyclable
- There are no used oil or filters to dispose of
- TINY carbon footprint – take pride in owning environmentally sustainable propulsion!
Elco motor owner Lydie Jakobsen says: “There are no fumes, no smell, there are no toxins getting out there. I think it is extremely important that people start to think more green, because we have to protect what’s left of the planet”
Elco EP Motor Performance
- Full torque available throughout the RPM range
- More efficient than a gas/diesel engine
- Maintenance free performance for 50,000 hours
- Never needs a tune-up
- Fits on standard engine mounts with standard couplers
- No need to winterize
- No spare parts need to be purchased
- Available for conventional shaft connections and sail drive units
- Components are “plug-and-play” for quick and easy installation
- Smaller total size compared to a gas/diesel engine
ELECTRIC IS THE BETTER CHOICE
(Reuben Smith – Owner, Tumblehome Boat Works ) “We decided to use an electric motor for a number of reasons. One of which was we did not have the room under the cockpit to install a normal internal combustion motor, but we could fit an electric motor in that very small space. Other advantages we found were no through holes and no fuel tanks. Fuel tanks are an issue on a sailboat because the loading and unloading of the fuel effects the trim of a sailboat.”
Plug & Play
The Elco electric propulsion system is pre wired and ready for installation, something we like to call Plug and Play. Our system cannot get any easier as it’s simple by design with only one moving part. This makes owning an Elco EP motor easy. There is virtually no maintenance over an expected(FOOTNOTE? REGULAR USE?) service life of 50,000 hours. All you need to select are your batteries and charging. All the other components are included with your purchase.
This high resolution full color LCD screen is offered exclusively by Elco. The gauge offers precise and “real time” information to the skipper. This unit also comes with input and output for camera integration, (works great with a camera on your sail, or even under water). The weatherproof display is rugged while providing a clean modern design.
Simple by Design
Elco’s Chief Engineer Joe Fleming walks you through the components that come standard with every purchase.