Lake George, New York – Hall’s Boat Corporation is hosting an Open House on Saturday, May 12 from 11-1PM.
Join Mr. Joe Fleming, one of the founders of ACBS, past owner of Elco Electric Launch and now design engineer at Elco Motor Yachts for the new modern Elco motors. Joe will discuss the history of Elco and will have on display the new AC motors sold by Elco today.
On the shop floor with restoration nearly complete is Wenona, the famed 1899 Elco Electric launch. Attendees will be able to view her original electric motor, as well as many old photos and information about this historic boat.
Wenona was built in 1899 and delivered to the F.R. Smith yard on Lake George where she was used to demonstrate the qualities of electric boats. In 1903 she was purchased by Bishop Stires, who owned a camp at Shelving Rock and who was a prominent figure in New York as well as on the lake.
Wenona became a Lake George icon in the 20the century, as the favorite boat of the popular bishop and his family.
Participating in the open shop will be members of the Hall’s restoration team that made her re-birth possible.
Hall’s will also have on display a variety of classic boats currently in their improved boat shop for restoration and repair.